Please take time to read the following -
* The official race number must be worn and visible throughout the race.
* All roads are classed as open at all times, so all road rules must be obeyed.
*Compulsory Gear – at the start line and random checks, be prepared! If you don’t have the compulsory gear with you then you will not be permitted to start the event or could be removed from the course.
All competitors (except the 5km runners) must carry the required compulsory gear. This is the minimum based on good weather. If the weather forecast is not looking good three days out then we will advise competitors of any additional requirements.
Water or hydration drink (it is suggested that an individual should carry 1.5 litres) race food, cap or hat, whistle, waterproof jacket, survival blanket. The whistle and survival blanket are included in your race pack.
This is for your safety and is required as if you are unfortunate enough to suffer an injury, due to the nature of the terrain, it can take some time for help to reach you. It is also a requirement of our audited health and safety plan for the event. A whistle and a survival blanket will be included in your race registration pack.
* Competitors who have not reached the advertised cut off points within the stated time will be withdrawn from the race.
* Strictly no pets allowed.
* Participants younger than 16 years need to obtain written approval from the Race Coordinator before competing in the 21km or 32km event.
* No assistance may be given to competitors unless it is by another competitor.
* To enable us to run this event we have sought permission from the landowners. It is extremely important that we treat the land that we pass through with respect. There is to be NO deviation from the marked course and this is TRESPASSING if you do. Competitors must carry their own rubbish out. Anyone seen dropping rubbish on the course will be disqualified. This includes items that are “biodegradable”. All gates MUST be opened and closed behind you - there are NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Medals will be presented to all competitors who meet interim cut off times and complete their event prior to 3.30pm.
*All prizes will be "spot prizes". Competitors must be present at prize giving to claim their prizes otherwise they will be redrawn - there are NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Any withdrawals during the event must be notified to the Marshall at the nearest Transition point.
In the case of disqualification you may choose to continue and have race times recorded. You have the right to make a protest at the completion of the race.
Disputes must be presented in writing to the Race Director before 3.30pm race day. * The decision of the Race Director will be final.
* Race officials directions must be followed at all times.
*No athlete who is currently serving a sanction for violating sports anti-doping rules may enter the Cole Murray Cape Kidnappers Trail Run.
* In the event of bad weather or flooding, or for any other reason, we reserve the right to change any leg of the race at any point.