General Waiver – Cole Murray Cape Kidnappers Trail Run 2 April 2022
By entering the Cole Murray Cape Kidnappers Trail Run, you agree to the following:
All participants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as at event date. This is in accordance with the Government mandate for events, under the Covid-19 Protection Framework.
1. I have read and understand the event information regarding this event and understand that I participate in this event at my own risk.
2. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by the organisers are not a guarantee of safety. I accept that I have an important responsibility to carefully read and listen to all safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification on anything which is not entirely clear to me.
3. I hereby attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event.
4. I understand that competing in this event may involve running and walking on trails with rocks, roots, stream crossings, and up and down steep terrain. The hazards may include but are not limited to; challenging terrain, rocks, roots, adjacent streams, rivers, motor vehicle traffic, slippery surfaces, loose rocks, soft sand, weather conditions, heat exhaustion, hypothermia, actions of spectators, other competitors, general public and the event organisers' personnel.
5. I hereby acknowledge this waiver, release and indemnity discharge all persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and their servants, agents, representatives, officers and employees. This includes but is not limited to the various committees, members, and employees of all independent contracted suppliers to the event, local councils, cities and districts and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents, volunteers, event organisers and sponsors whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributed to the act or neglect of any or more of them. This release continues indefinitely and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
6. I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the event organisers or their first aid personnel think desirable during or after the event.
7. I agree to comply with the rules and directions of event officials and their personnel.
8. If I choose to withdraw for any reason during the event, I will ensure that I advise the nearest official at the time and that my timing chip is returned to event staff and my number noted.
9. I hereby consent to my photo being taken and from images to be collected by drone. I allow the use of my name and image to be used in the media and for marketing purposes. I consent to my name, age group and event results being published.
10. I understand that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
11. I hereby agree that in the case of event cancellation due to extreme inclement weather (at the discretion of event officials), my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
12. I understand that my entry cannot be transferred or deferred and refunds are only available as follows: Refunds before 1 December 2021 will be subject to a $20 administration fee. Refunds from 1 December 2021 to 1 February 2022 will be reimbursed at 50% of the entry fee. There are no refunds after 1 February 2022 other than in accordance with the relevant Covid-19 policy published on the website.
13. I understand and accept entries are not transferable to another participant.
14. I understand and accept that entries are not transferable to future events.
15. I agree that my contact details will be added to the Jamrac Events event database, and that I will receive emails directly from Jamrac Events. I understand that I can unsubscribe from this database at any time although doing so before event date will mean that I will miss critical event information. Jamrac Events will not, unless for Covid tracing purposes, in an emergency, as part of the asset base if the business is sold or as required to do so under NZ law, distribute at any time, the contact details of those on the Jamrac Events database without my written permission. I understand that my details may be used for Covid-19 tracing purposes.